Salary: £25K PA + Bonus and Car
Reporting to: Assistant Manager and Service Manager of Domiciliary Care/ Chief Executive Officer
About Connected Health
At Connected Health we offer a career not just a job. Our business is transforming the way Homecare is delivered across the UK and Ireland and we understand that the people we employ are central to the transformation of the sector. At Connected Health our mission is relentless – to attract, recruit and develop the best homecare team in the world.
It’s that simple, so come join the best!
About the Job Role
As an Area Manager you are responsible for your own dedicated geographic territory. The job role provides an opportunity for you to lead and develop your own team of carers to provide exemplary care in the community. Due to the nature of your role, hours are understood to be flexible.
As an Area Manager you will work alongside the other Area Managers and Senior Management team to ensure the safe and effective provision of care to all of our service users. You will be the direct point of contact for your colleagues regarding the service users that are in your area. As Area Manager you will work with your Coordinator and Quality Monitoring Officer to ensure that all care packages are reviewed effectively and that any changes are brought to the team.
The position allows you to grow the number of hours that your team provides by adding additional packages and expanding the service in your geographical region. As team leader you will be responsible for the growth of your team, you will be rewarded for the expansion of your team and continued excellence in the service provided to our clients.
You will preferably have 3+ years’ experience in domiciliary care and hold at least your NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care.
Experience in leading a team, creating rota’s and relying on your initiative will help you to meet our company values and work to make lives of our Service Users better. You will be able to utilise resources and your own time to work effectively, thinking creatively to solve problems and to overcome obstacles. You will be flexible and able to work in the community to cover sickness if required. You will be positive and engaging, able to build great working relationships as you will be part of an overall care team as well as a smaller leadership team. Punctual and reliable, you will have a proven history of being committed to the career path you have chosen.
If this sounds like you and you hold a full UK driver’s license and have access to your own vehicle then apply now!
- Maintain a solid relationship with the Coordinator working together on development and growth in the assigned area.
- Will be able to work towards business growth targets and KPI’s.
- Accountable for the provision of on-call telephone services in your area Monday to Sunday ensuring effective management.
- Will be responsible for direct line management of area specific Care Team, including but not limited to: management of weekly workload, annual leave, staff sickness, staff supervisions and spot checks, team meetings, staff appraisals and disciplinaries. Following internal company process and procedure, liaising with the Finance and HR Team.
- Ensuring regular communication on a team and individual basis.
- To manage the 12 week induction of new starters for designated area.
- Manage and attend Client reviews as required.
- Deal directly with Care Managers and Health Trusts as required.
- Manage the onboarding of new clients.
- To provide emergency care assistant cover as required.
- Efficiently and effectively report safeguarding / client issues to direct Line Manager when required.
- Ensure quality of service provision and liaise with the Quality Monitoring Officer as required.
- Accountable for the quality and maintenance of Client care folders on a monthly basis. Ensuring that all details are up-to-date and of a high standard.
- Assist with the personal development of the staff within the Care Team and ensure staff issues are dealt with satisfactorily as they arise in an efficient and confidential manner.
- Assist the Senior Management Team with developing channels of communication across the company and ensure open communication is fostered.
- Produce a monthly management report to the Line Manager concerning performance.
- Attend staff, team, management, and board meetings as required.
- Keep abreast of changes implemented in the Domiciliary Care Industry.
- To ensure the continuous improvement of service delivery
- Be prepared to participate in events and publicity as required.
- Demonstrate leadership, empathy and flexibility to manage changing working environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in team management, rotas and on-call phone
- 3 years’ experience in care delivery or relevant industry
- NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care or be willing to undertake the qualification
- Ability to plan and organise own workload
- Full, Valid UK driving licence
- Appropriate insurance for vehicle business purposes
- You must be prepared to undertake Access NI check
What do we offer?
- A competitive annual salary
- Generous bonus and reward recognitions (uncapped)
- A company car which may need to be loaned to team members in emergency situations
- 20 days paid annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- We offer monthly and annual staff awards and recognition events.
- You’ll be working in a family and team orientated working environment with sector leading management and support.
- After your probationary period you’ll join our health cash plan and have access to discount shopping across a large selection of local retailers and businesses.
- There’s also free or heavily subsided training including NVQs in Health and Social Care (levels 3-5) to Leadership and Management Training.
- Mandatory care assistant training accredited by OCN, relevant management training and a comprehensive career growth package are on offer for the right person.
- Interviews are being scheduled ASAP so apply today to secure your chance!