08 Jan Job Opportunity | Assistant Service Manager
Assistant Service Manager is accountable to Service Manager of Domiciliary Care.
Salary: from £24,000 per annum
Provide overall day to day management of the Connected Health Domiciliary Care service. To support the Service Manager to achieve a high degree of service delivery, ensuring that goals are achieved through effective management practices and staff are motivated and supported to build strategic, long term and sustainable relationships. Working closely with other departmental managers and the finance team to ensure that cost data is current and that bench marks are in place to develop and grow the business by actively encouraging a proactive and strategic business development attitude with all levels of employees. Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with statutory requirements and organisational policies and procedures.
The role will include the following key areas of responsibility:
- Assist the Service Manager to effectively manage the Support Network, ensuring posts are adequately covered and that any training deficiencies are identified and addressed.
- Assist the Service Manager with the personal development of the staff within the teams and ensure staff issues are dealt with satisfactorily as they arise.
- Assist the Service Manager in ensuring the teams are aware of their responsibility for contributing to profitability of the company.
- Assist the Service Manager with developing channels of communication across the company and ensure open communication is fostered.
- Produce a monthly management report to the Responsible Person concerning performance.
- Keep abreast of changes implemented in the Domiciliary Care Industry,
- Attend staff, team, management and board meetings as required.
- Assist the Service Manager in overseeing adherence to Child Protection requirements and ensure appropriate Designated Officers are in place.
- Work on a rota basis with the Service Manager / Director in taking responsibility for the on-call phone.
- Be fully conversant with the relevant stakeholders including RQIA, Health Trusts and Agencies etc.
- Demonstrate leadership, empathy and the ability to manage stressful and demanding working environments.
- Level 5 NVQ in Health and Social Care.
- 3rd Level Business Qualification or Equivalent experience.
- Be experienced in business growth and development.
- Have experience of delivery in complete packages of care within individual nursing and allied health professional services.
- High level customer service skill.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Good time management skills.
Applicants must have a full driving and access to their own transport. They will report to the Company Directors/Board and will effectively lead and manage the growing care at Connected Health, delivering all necessary business targets.
Please send a copy of your up to date CV to Katie@connected-talent.co.uk