06 Nov Job Opportunity | Group Finance Director
Group Finance Director – Connected Health Group
Working alongside the CEO, the Group Finance Director will not only be an exceptional accountant and hands-on with company finances but will also be commercially aware, advising on the best path of growth for the business. Connected Health is one of the fastest growing businesses in NI and as such needs a dynamic, diligent and focused achiever. The role will have overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of company strategy and is expected to analyse figures and implement recommendations based on these findings, with the most profitable outcomes. The role will involve managing and leading a team through difficult periods including month end, year end and annual budgeting.
Excellent communication skills with all levels of staff is essential. The role will include coordinating corporate finance and managing company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity and acquisitions as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following tasks will be critical:
- Form a close working relationship with the CEO, other Executive Directors, Senior Staff and Shareholders.
- Provide leadership to the Board’s Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
- Take overall control of the company’s accounting function
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Lead and develop the finance team.
- Work with senior teams to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
- Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies.
- Present annual accounts to investors.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Corporate finance: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including clients and advisors.
The following should be viewed as essential requirements:
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification
- Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- 5 years plus experience within an equivalent fast-moving business or sector
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
The following should be viewed as desirable requirements:
- Experience within the broad health and social care sector
- Experience within the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland and the UK markets
- Experience of managing growth via acquisition and robust organic development
- Experience of dealing with VC’s and the wider investment community