23 Oct Job Opportunity | Registered Manager Liverpool
Connected Health+ provide quality Home Care to adults requiring support in the home to enable them to live independently and with confidence.
With a first-class reputation across Europe we are recognised as innovator’s whom are willing to change the sector through utilising technology within our care delivery in order to provide the right support services to the client and their loved ones.
As we are expanding into the UK, we are now actively recruiting a leading, highly proficient, ambitious, driven and caring Registered Manager who has a willingness to operate within a new start-up ‘technology focused’ care environment for our Headquarters in Liverpool to manage, develop and grow the business throughout the UK.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, management and guidance of the highest standards to support our Care Team, to ensure the CH+ clients receive the best outcomes in everything we do
- Ability to take ownership of achieving the highest levels of compliance with regards to regulations, laws, quality standards & policies, ensuring we achieve an Outstanding CQC compliance rating
- Accountable for the Health and Safety of staff and clients; ensuring the CH+ Policies & Procedures are adhered to at all times providing a safe working environment
- Passionately promote the aims and values of CH+
- Continually review and improve operational processes to ensure the most effective and efficient service is being delivered to our clients through utilising technology
- Ability to identify and recruit high quality Carers, implement excellent training and maintain high retention ratios
- Ensure the provision of staff training is implemented and the delivery of quality care services is consistently achieved
- Ability to ensure the Scheduling is effectively designed to ensure the Carers deliver the allocated care to the client. Scheduled Spot Checks and Audits are undertaken and recorded electronically
- Ability to complete and continuously improve the electronic Care Assessments, Risk Assessments and Care Plans to ensure the outcome of the client is achieved effectively and our clients expectations are exceeded
- Ability to operate the business in a paperless manner from the beginning and embrace technological software such as eMAR, Health & Wellbeing Apps and electronic communications with the clients loved ones
- Ability to ensure that all client payments due are received promptly; and Payroll and Invoicing is undertaken accurately
- Ability to meet and exceed all financial/growth targets whilst participating in, and contributing, to the strategic management of the business
- To be aware of Key Performance Indicators and to accurately record and report statistics to the Director as appropriate
- Ad hoc duties to support the Directors, as and when required, to meet the needs of the business growth
Qualifications & Experience
- The candidate will either hold, or be working towards, an NVQ Level 4/ QCF Level 5 qualification in Health & Social Care
- Must have experience and knowledge of the Care Industry, in a similar role previously and be capable of passing the registration interview with the CQC
Abilities, Skills & Behaviours
- Highly determined, driven and ambitious, with the desire to make a real difference and assist in the growth of a new business that is the HQ for the UK.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to talk passionately about our services and values to potential clients or referral sources
- Advanced computer skills including proficient use of MS Office, the ability to produce reports and strong computer systems knowledge
- Self-motivated and flexible, with a willingness to participate in an ‘on call system’ for out of office hours
- Extremely well organised, excellent planning and prioritising ability with high attention to detail
- A creative and strategic thinker who is able to embrace, influence and communicate improvements to the Team
- Hold a full driving licence with access to their own transport.
Please send a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com or call to discuss on 028 90265519