04 Jan Job Opportunity | Service Manager Merseyside
Service Manager of Domiciliary Care | Merseyside
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: flexible depending on experience
This is a new role as the company is expanding in to the Merseyside region. It is fantastic opportunity for an experienced Service Manager to join a progressive home care company with an extensive track record in providing domiciliary care. A generous salary is on offer with a bonus scheme based on achieving KPIs – details discussed at interview.
The role will include the following key areas of responsibility:
- Effectively manage the Connected Health Support Network, ensuring posts are adequately covered and that any training deficiencies are identified and addressed.
- Take overall responsibility for the personal development of the staff within the teams and ensure staff issues are dealt with satisfactorily as they arise.
- Ensure the teams are aware of their responsibility for contributing to the profitability of the company.
- Develop channels for communication across the company and ensure open communication is fostered.
- Produce monthly management report to the Responsible Person within Connected Health concerning performance.
- Keep abreast of changes implemented in the Domiciliary Care Industry.
- Attend staff, team, management and board meetings as required.
- Oversee adherence to Adult Protection requirements and ensure appropriate Designated Officers are in place.
- Grow the business by developing and nurturing client relationships and promoting Connected Health services.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to enhancing Client Service and adhere to Client Services Standards.
- Pro-actively seek self-development.
- Comply with all relevant legislation and codes of practice to which Connected Health subscribe to.
- Liaise with Area Managers/Senior Care Assistant on staffing issues within the team(s).
- Manage the recruitment process for new staff members,
- Complete monthly salary, expenses and overtime return.
- Complete monthly sickness return and monitor sickness returns for the team in line with Absence Management policy.
- Complete staff planners for Connected Health ensuring all client visits are covered and make available to staff every Friday afternoon.
- Deal with requests for leave and complete holiday list annually.
- Create an environment within the team to ensure that all staff are free to speak their mind and foster open communication.
Training and Development
- Complete appraisals for following ongoing observations and regular feedback.
- Ensure appraisals are completed for all staff members in a timely manner, to a satisfactory standard.
- Review the skills gaps within the team to identify staff development opportunities
- Act as training for Connected Health and co-ordinate training sessions and ensure individuals not present receive the training at an alternative session.
- Collate training statistics.
- Maintain personal log for appraisal and self-development purposes.
- Manage the administration of salaries and expenses.
- Verify and authorise all bills for payment.
- Monitor costs in line with Connected Health Financial Plans.
- Investigate variances and present action plan to Responsible Person, Connected Health.
- Day to day responsibility to ensure correct adherence to the following to ensure satisfactory Audit Ratings in all areas:
- Data Protection
- Health & Safety
- Quality Assurance
- Monitor complaints weekly and ensure all complaints have been actioned in line with regulatory requirements. Identify trends and issues for review with Responsible Person.
- Ensure action plan is in place for Customer Service and remedial action is taken to address any issues highlighted.
- Organise a training session on Customer Service every six months.
- Where a staff member has been unable to deal with a Client Complaint, act as a second line of Management to follow up and resolve complaint satisfactorily.
- Ensure all staff are familiar with the process of logging complaints and that all complaints are recorded by the official receiving the complaint and subsequently logged in a complaints register.
- Proven experience in homecare/domiciliary care.
- NVQ Level 4 or QCF Level 5 in Health and Social Care or similar.
- Proven experience in business growth/development.
- IT literate
- Self-starter with high personal energy
- High level customer service skill
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good time management skills
- Flexible and prepared to work as per the needs of the company
Applicants must have a full driving and access to their own transport. They will report to the Company Directors/Board and will effectively lead and manage the growing care at Connected Health, delivering all necessary business targets.