31 Oct Area Manager – Ballymena
At Connected Health we offer a career not just a job. Our business is transforming the way Homecare is delivered across the UK, with our head office in North West area. Connected Health deliver health and social care services across UK, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland and we understand that the people we employ are central to the transformation of the sector.
We are a team of driven and ambitious individuals with a passion for providing effective and efficient high quality healthcare services to our service users. Through our 3Ts approach of talent, training, and technology, we want to deliver better and more responsive support to service users to improve their lives.
Salary: £26,000 per year
Hours: 40 hours – Full Time
If you would like the autonomy to lead and develop your own team of carers then this is the role for you. Connected Health Area Manager’s are responsible for their own geographical area, leading their colleagues to provide exemplary care to our service users. This position will be covering the Ballymena area.
The role will involve working from head office on the Boucher Road as well as in the area that you will be overseeing.
You will work alongside a team of Area Managers, a Quality Liaison Officer and Senior Management to ensure that all of our client care packages are reviewed any changes are relayed to the team.
As an Area Manager you will be able to grow the number of hours that your team provides by adding additional packages and expanding the service in your area. We want to see you grow your team and we will reward you for this expansion and the continued excellence in the service your team provide to our clients.
For this role, you will need 3+ years’ experience in domiciliary care and hold at least your NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care. You will also need a full, valid UK driving licence and appropriate insurance for your vehicle business purposes. An Access NI is also required for this role.
- Leading a team
- Creating rota’s
- Using your initiative to make the lives of our service users better
- Think creatively to solve problems and overcome obstacles
- Be flexible and able to work in the community to cover sickness if needed
- Positive & Engaging
- Able to build great working relationships
- Punctual & Reliable
- Committed to the health and social care career path
- Excellent at communicating
- Great at planning and organising their own workload
Abilities, Skills and Behaviours
- Dedication and commitment
- Good communication skills
- Sound understanding of good care principles
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Calm and patient
- Ability to deal with change or emergencies
- Ability to display empathy and understanding
- Flexible and reliable
- Good administrative skills
- To have a flair for service innovation and focus on continuous improvement
What We Offer
- A competitive annual salary
- Generous bonus and rewards which are uncapped
- A company car (which may need to be loaned to team members in emergency situations)
- 20 days paid annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Monthly and annual staff awards and recognition events.
- A family and team orientated working environment with sector leading management and support.
- Heavily subsided training including NVQs in Health and Social Care (levels 3-5) to Leadership and Management Training.
- Mandatory care assistant training accredited by OCN, relevant management training and a comprehensive career growth package are on offer for the right person.